Requirements management in ARIS/OBPA
BPM Technology Solutions
In this article, we discuss how the requirements and artefacts – use cases, functional specifications, technical specifications and prototypes – can be managed effectively during the project’s life cycle.
The concept of monitoring these artefacts from ‘cradle to grave’ (inception to implementation), leads to a myriad of questions:
- Is it possible to manage all these documents, spreadsheets, artefacts, and deliverables in a central place?
- How can we follow the ‘common theme’ from use case to functional specification to technical specification?
- How can we track, monitor and manage them in a central repository?
- How do we ensure ‘a single version of the truth’?
- How do we re-use architectural artefacts (organisational structures, application systems, etc.)?
- How can we manage central libraries of governance, risk, requirements and controls?